Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Online applications and tools

This morning, just before doing the Online applications and tools activities on your website, I created a document - an orange roster for Sunday soccer games. I emailed it to everybody on the team list, but could not ask people to add their names as nobody would know what had already been added in the meantime. The solution was to bring the printed copy, get the people to add their names and then go home, enter all information and email to everybody. How much easier it would be if I could send just a link to everybody and all people could see the changes in real time. It would be time saving for everybody. And here, we are talking about the simplest of lists. The benefits would be much greater in the workplace - in any situation where draft copies are required.

I did find it a bit tricky to do the editing, but I suppose that is because I am not familiar where the commands are (apart from the obvious ones).

I actually found Zoho easier to navigate than Google Docs.

Converting files on Zamzar was simple. However, in the case of pdf files, if you want to view it, you still need Acrobat. I expect the benefits would be much greater with some other types of files.

No comments: