Sunday, April 27, 2008

Del.icio.us

This is one interesting topic I did not know much about before tonight. I've noticed the peculiar name/button on some websites but never explored it further.

The link to my delicious account is http://del.icio.us/sgashi.

(By the way, does anybody know why the icon "Insert link" does not work. I have tried inserting link using this button in my previous post as well and after viewing it I can only see a blank space rather than what has been typed in.)

I can see the huge potential for its use in the libraries, particularly in the reference area. It is always good to see what other people have found as we are all so time poor and the demand for the instant information is high. However, I am a little ambivalent at the same time. Learning how to use these might be easier for the people who do not have training in the structured world of LCSHs which is still my preference. I might change my mind. After all it is all down to familiarity as it brings speed along.

No comments: