Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wikis

Here I come back after a short holiday.

Wikis are an amazing idea with so many potential applications both at work and in our personal lives. It is a great way to share ideas (especially the ones we are passionate about) and information.

I had a look at all the websites. I could not find the wiki for the Mint Museum, North Carolina. I did not have any technical problems going into the page by clicking the link on your web page, but I could not find it from the home page. It must be there, but is not easy to find.

The Book Lovers Wiki at the Princeton Public Library was a fine example of Libraries using wikis. I liked their simple design and the fact it was so easy to navigate. As I have a friend moving from Germany to Princeton within a month, I will definitely reccomend the library to her. The world is becoming smaller and smaller thanks to the technology. There is a possibility that the "six degreees of separation" idea will need to be revised soon.

The Wookieepedia wiki is a real gem. A group of like minded people can achieve much more than any one person.

Happy wikiing! (Does this word officially exist?)

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Glad you are enjoying your wiki discovery.

Ellen